Contradiction Creation: 2.5 Stars
Create some sort of graphic. Design the overall graphic to convey some sort of feeling or theme, but then have text saying something completely contradictory to the theme or feeling. Sort of like one of those old anti-motivational posters, but with more design than a black box with a white frame.“Contradiction Creation” ds106 Assignment Bank, assignments.ds106.us/assignments/contradiction-creation/.
I chose to do the Contradiction Creation assignment because I thought it would be fun to have a picture and then completely contradict it on purpose, as most people don’t contradict themselves on purpose. I chose to use a picture of myself and my boyfriend’s dog where I am hugging Duke-the dog. I had decided to use this specific picture because on Sunday night Duke got out of the backyard, so I spent all day Monday worrying about him and missing him. So I figured what better way to think about one of my favorite pups then to spend an hour working on an assignment that he was the center of. The quote I chose to use was “I’m not a dog person.” Which we all know is not true as well as the picture is of me with a dog.
- I first found the picture I wanted to use
- I opened the Bazaart app on my phone
3. From the main screen there is a “Projects” button in the bottom right corner, which you click
4. You then click the + in the middle of the screen to start a new project
5. From there you scroll through your camera roll or take a new picture
6. You then select your picture
7. There are options to Edit the picture
8. Then you type your caption, you do this by tapping anywhere on your picture
9. Your caption will show up on your picture and then from there you can change the font
10. Then you just click the “Save” bottom or screenshot and then you have your picture!