Your Very Own Spubble: 1.5 Stars
Learn to love yourself, grab a picture of yourself in which your body language, actions, gestures, etc. suggest one thing and then play off that using a speech bubble. Ideally the result would make people laugh—but I must acknowledge there are other possible emotional responses that may be just as acceptable. Think of it as lolcat, save it’s a human (namely you) and there is nothing compelling anyone to abuse the letter z in the speech bubble text. Picnik.com or Aviary.com would make this assignment dead simple.“Your Very Own Spubble.” ds106 Assignments Bank, assignments.ds106.us/assignments/your-very-own-spubble/.
For my spubble I used a picture of my dog and myself. I look unhappy but this was taken right as I stopped posing for the picture, so I am actually quite happy. My dog had just had surgery so he had to have a cone on his head for about two weeks (I also had to pay for multiple cones during this time, he seemed to think they were chew toys). My spubble is a picture of my dog and I with the caption “Great.. 2 weeks of Cooper running into my legs with this cone.” Which actually happened about ten times a day while he had the cone. I chose this picture because I look ridiculous. My face looks very mean and I just look angry. But I thought it would be fun to poke fun at my face especially when I wasn’t even mad. I hoping that posting this spubble will make other people laugh.
- Find the picture you want to use to create the spubble
- I used Snapchat to create this but I’m sure there are other apps to use
- I uploaded my picture into Snapchat and clicked “Edit”
- I searched a word bubble, and then Snapchat automatically applied the word bubble I picked
- I typed my phrase into the text box and then positioned the text into the bubble
- Then I exported the picture on my photo app and then uploaded it to my computer
- And that’s how you create a spubble!